1. La Paz – Cumbre – Charobamba - El Jiri Eco Lodge
We leave La Paz early to first reach La Cumbre, a mountain pass at 4643m/15.230ft, which is the connection between the Altiplano and the subtropical valleys of the Yungas. We descend rapidly in altitude in order to reach the eco lodge which is situated in a tranquil valley not far from the community of Charobamba. We get installed in the lodge and in the afternoon we can go for a walk in order to observe the birds and admire the landscape.
2. El Jiri Ecolodge
After breakfast we can participate in the local activities of cultivation and production. We can discover the secrets of coffee and chocolate production or visit the dried fruit production. In the afternoon we go for a walk in the Cotapata park to discover the flora and fauna.
3. El Jiri Ecolodge - Charobamba – La Paz
The morning is free in order to enjoy the last moments in the Yungas valleys before returning to La Paz by the impressive Yungas road. We take the new road up which is less dangerous than the "death road" but still nerve wrecking.
End of our services
Itinerary can change as a result of weather conditions and some sights are not accessible at all times – Lipiko Tours cannot be held responsible for any changes in itinerary and sights not visited as a result.
Between 3660m/12.010ftm/12.010ft and 1700m/5.577ft
Jiri Jiri Eco Lodge, Yungas
Specialised local Spanish speaking guide
Optional; English speaking guide
2 nights in Eco Lodge
from 2 people
2 to 18 people
You must carry your personal equipment which you need for the day
Included in the price:
- Transport and transfers as outlined in the program
- Group tour with local Spanish speaking guide or English speaking guide depending on chosen option
- Accommodation in Eco Lodge
- Meals mentioned
Not included in the price:
Personal travel insurance
- Entrance fees to parks, sites and museums (allow for approx. 0 Bs, (Bolivianos - Bolivian national currency) - this is an estimate and actual prices may vary)
- Meals not mentioned
- Personal equipment
Expenses during the tour:
Drinks, tips and all other personal expenses
- Entrance fees to parks, sites and museums (allow for approx. 0 boliviano per person – this is an estimate and actual prices may vary)
- Meals not mentioned
- Accommodation not mentioned