1. La Paz - Copacabana
We leave the hotel at 07h30 and after approximately 3½ hours we arrive in Copacabana. After getting installed in the hotel we leave to visit the Basilica of Our Lady of Copacabana which is a 16th century church that houses the image the patron saint of Bolivia. The church attracts thousands of local tourists throughout the year and it remains one of the two principal sacred places both for indigenous people and Catholics. After lunch we have the option to climb to the Calvario from where we have a beautiful view over the lake and the village or climb to Intiwatana or Horca del Inca which is believed to have been an astronomical observatory. If time permits we can visit both the Calvario and the Horca del Inca and the rest of the day is free to enjoy Copacabana.
2. Copacabana - Sun Island (Isla del Sol)
After breakfast we walk down to the port of Copacabana from where a motor boat will bring us to the extreme north of the Isla del Sol (Sun Island) to the small village of Challapampa. First we visit the museum and from here we walk slowly to the ruins of Chincana also called the Inca Labyrinth. From the ruins we start our trek of the Isla del Sol which along the crest of the island takes us from the north to the south to the village of Yumani. During our trek we have an unobstructed view of the sacred Lake Titicaca and if the weather permits in the background the Royal Cordillera with its snow-capped peaks. We spend the night in an Eco Lodge on the outskirts of Yumani.
3. Sun Island (Isla del Sol) - Copacabana - La Paz
In the morning we descend the Inca Staircase (204 steps). This staircase which is still in a very good condition will take us to the Inca Fountain and the port of Yumani from where we take the boat back to Copacabana. We have time for lunch and at 13h30 we take the bus back to La Paz. The evening is free.
End of our services
Itinerary can change as a result of weather conditions and some sights are not accessible at all times – Lipiko Tours cannot be held responsible for any changes in itinerary and sights not visited as a result.
Short hikes and one trek of 3-4 hours
Culture and trek
Hotel/Hostel and Eco Lodge
Between 3660m/12.010ftm/12.010ft and 4200m/13.780ft
Lake Titicaca, Sun Island, Copacabana
Specialised local Spanish speaking guide
Optional; English speaking guide
1 night in hotel/hostel and 1 night in Eco Lodge
from 2 people
2 to 18 people
You must carry your personal equipment which you need for the day
Included in the price:
- Transport and transfers as outlined in the program
- Private tour with local Spanish speaking guide or English speaking guide depending on chosen option
- Accommodation in hotel/hostel and eco lodge
- Meals mentioned
Not included in the price:
Personal travel insurance
- Entrance fees to parks, sites and museums (allow for approx. 40 Bs, (Bolivianos - Bolivian national currency) - this is an estimate and actual prices may vary)
- Meals not mentioned, drinks, tips and personal equipment
Expenses during the tour:
Drinks, tips and all other personal expenses
- Entrance fees to parks, sites and museums (allow for approx. 0 boliviano per person – this is an estimate and actual prices may vary)
- Meals not mentioned
- Accommodation not mentioned